Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kevin
Para: exim-users
CC: Richard G. Duvall
Assunto: Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server
At 03:06 AM 8/20/1999 , Richard G. Duvall wrote:
>So, the question of the day from me is: Has anybody on this mailing list
>used the hierarcheal scheme of delivering mail, and had to recompile
>qpopper? How about IMAPD that comes with the pine package?
>
>The reason I ask is that I do not see an option in any of the .h files in
>qpopper3.0 that allow me to change the location of the maildrop to
>/var/mail/u/us/username, etc...
>
>Can anybody help me out on this?

Snip from qpopper's release notes.

         Added several mail spool access methods.  If your site is large
     and you wish to improve mail spool file access you might want to use
     these.  They require modification to the local mail delivery program.
     One method hashes the username into one of 26 possible directories,
     the other method creates a hierarchy off the name such as /m/ma/mark.

So, the program supports it. It's just a matter of modifying the "local
mail delivery progam", whatever that means. I've never tackled this type
of setup before either. Anyone else have more info on this? URL maybe?

---
Kevin