Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
A: Tabor J. Wells
Cc: David Sheryn, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server
Okay, then will moving the maildrops into the hierarchy scheme cause an
issue with the popper, imapd, etc?

Also, I have the user's logins as /sbin/nologin. Since this is the case,
do my users really need a home directory on the mail server other than for
storing mail if I choose to store their spool there? They are using imap
in some cases, but I know that pop3 doesn't require a home directory.
Just want this set up so that it is transparent to the customer.

so, you are saying it would be wise to do /usr/home on the RAID-10 setup,
rather than /var/mail, and store the mail in each user's home directory.
Right? Actually, I kind of like that idea, just as long as the popper and
imapd knows where to find the mail when somebody checks for new mail.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall