Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
A: David Sheryn
Cc: Tabor J. Wells, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RAM in mail server
I do have this sort of setup (where mail is being delivered to /var/mail
for every user). I did split off the spool to a seperate drive, and that
helped ALOT! I have root filesystem on same drive as /var/mail.

I am thinking of doing the following configuration:

1 wide scsi drive for root filesystem
1 wide scsi drive for spool
2 wide scsi drives striped together, mirrored with 2 other drives which
are striped together.

Total of 6 wide scsi drives. spooling doesn't take that much room, but I
need speed for spooling. But, most of my speed problems are taking place
when people are checking mail, not sending, (unless they are sending to a
user on our system, then it get's queued for later delivery, because it
times out).

This configuration will give us not only redundancy, but more speed
because of the striping, and use of wide scsi, as opposed to narrow on the
same drive as the root filesystem as we have it set up now.

I didn't know about the hierarchy thing in UNIX. I will give that a try.

Is there anybody on this mailing list that can confirm that this hierarchy
thing does make a definite difference in speed on BSDI4.01?

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall