Re: [Exim] smarthost/sendmail->smtp

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Julian King
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] smarthost/sendmail->smtp
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Julian King wrote:

> Does anyone know of a drop in replacement for sendmail which just does
> smart hosting/smtp conversion? I want something which will take
> sendmail-esque arguments and just splat the whole thing over SMTP.
> The only logging should be done via syslog - and it should not need
> to be run as a special user/setuid? Or failing that something
> close which can be moulded to that?

How simple do you want it? What should happen if the smart host is down?
Do you want queueing or not? And how many sendmail-esque arguments need
it support?

If you use Exim to do this job, you don't have to run it setuid root.
However, you do need to run it setuid *something* unless you allow all
and sundry to write to the spool directory. And of course I haven't got
round to making it syslog yet...