Re: [Exim] Two questions regarding virtual domain aliases...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Joe Emenaker
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Two questions regarding virtual domain aliases...
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Joe Emenaker wrote: [in long unwrapped lines]

> 1) What if I want to have the same aliases for 'client.com' and 'mail.client.com'. Do I have to use a symlink in /etc/aliases, or is there some way to tell Exim "treat all subdomains of 'client.com' as just 'client.com'"

You could use a symlink, or you could do something fancy using the
expansion string features. For example, instead of $domain you could
write

${if match{$domain}{\\.client\\.com\$}{client.com}{$domain}}

but that would get tedious if there were lots of them. Or you could look
up $domain in a file to get the name of its alias file. Or you could
rewrite envelope addresses.

> 2) I know that Exim supports a default alias, via "*: defaultcontact@???". However, can I use regexps? For example, if I want to have "help" and "helpdesk" and "helpcenter" all go to the same person, I'd like to be able to say "help.*: jhelper@cl

ient.com". Can Exim do that?

No, because alias files are key/data lookups. You give it the key, it
gives you the data from an indexed file. "*" is just another keystring.
You would have to say:

help:       someone@somewhere
helpdesk:   help
helpcenter: help

in an alias file. The only way I can think of applying regular
expressions would be to use rewriting, and I don't really recommend
rewriting as a way of routing mail.