Re: Re[2]: [Exim] headers_* problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Andrey Novikov
CC: exim-users
Neue Treads: [Exim] quicker reply to user
Betreff: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] headers_* problem
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Andrey Novikov wrote:

> But what do these lines in documentation mean:
>
> If  an  address  passes  through  several  directors  and/or
> routers,     any    `headers_add'     or    `headers_remove'
> specifications  are cumulative,  and any such specifications
> on the transport are also honoured.

Oh dear. I see what has happened. Yes, that is a misleading paragraph in
the documentation, and I will do something about it. What it is
referring to is the case when an address gets aliased or expanded via a
.forward file. For example, an address could pass through an aliasfile
director, then a forwardfile director, and finally a localuser director.

This does not apply in the case of "unseen", which is really doing
something in parallel rather than serially. The word "unseen" is
appropriate - as far as subsequent directors go, that director in
invisible. An "unseen" director can be thought of as cloning the address
and handling one copy of it; the other copy carries on to subsequent
directors/routers.