Re: [Exim] Having Trouble Sending Mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Having Trouble Sending Mail
Rachel Warren <rachel@???> probably said:
> I believe so:
>
> bash-2.03$ pwd
> /usr/exim/bin
> bash-2.03$ ls -l exim
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 525811 Aug 6 13:29 exim

     ^
Er, no, thats not SUID.

> I didn't define them becuase the makefile says," If EXIM_UID is not defined,
> the default in the code is to run as root unless specified otherwise at
> run time. Specifying 0 at run time has the effect of unsetting the
> values build into the binary.." Should I define them, and what should
> I define them as?

RUnning as root can be considered dangerour for all sorts of reasons that
should be discussed in the security section of the sped.
RTFM.

> Should this be corrected?

RTFM.

> > /usr/exim/spool
> drwxr-x---  5 root  wheel    512 Aug  6 14:10 spool
> > /usr/exim/spool/input
> drwxr-x---  2 root  wheel  512 Aug 11 11:11 input

Only root can write to those directories. exim is getting run as the user
that calls it (since it's not SUID) so can't create spool files.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???