Re: [Exim] RBL rejection at processing time

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave C.
Cc: Andrey Novikov, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL rejection at processing time
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Dave C. wrote:

> Ah ok.. I was just going by the transcript that was posted, and didnt
> actually check.. Is there perhaps a different 5xxx code though, that
> might produce a more generic interpretation by the sender-MTA?

The problem is that the "rules" for RBL state that 550 should be used.
There is a good reason for this. There are broken MTAs around that try
to put all sorts of clever interpretations on codes, in ways that they
shouldn't. This leads to them retrying messages which should actually be
bounced. Just about the only thing you can rely on is that they will
treat 550 as a hard failure, *because* is is also used for "Unknown
User".