[Exim] RBL rejection at processing time

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrey Novikov
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] RBL rejection at processing time
Hello,

I've set up RBL rejection and suddenly found that there are
too many open relays - nearly half of our customers and
partners couldn't send mail to us.
I've opened main addresses (such as sales, contact, etc)
with recipients_reject_except, but remained with rejection
for others. The problem moved a little and now is as
follows:

As all of you know RBL rejection occurs during RCPT TO
and ends with 'User unknown':

RCPT To:<novikov@???>
550-Open relay - see http://www.orbs.org/verify.cgi?address=194.154.71.131
550 mail from 194.154.71.131 rejected: administrative prohibition
550 <novikov@???>... User unknown

What does damn sendmail - it sends e-mail like:
Subject:      Returned mail: User unknown

The original message was received at Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:55:16 +0400
from g630.lamport.ru [194.154.71.137]

<novikov@???>

 ... while talking to gate.web2000.ru.:

>>> RCPT To:<novikov@???>

<<< 550-Open relay - see
http://www.orbs.org/verify.cgi?address=194.154.71.131
<<< 550 mail from 194.154.71.131 rejected: administrative prohibition
550 <novikov@???>... User unknown

The common enduser sees the subject 'User unknown' and
panics (not in UNIX concept :). Even if he tries to read the