Re: [Exim] accept failures

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: tcurdt
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] accept failures
tcurdt@??? said:
> They came from a dial-up connection of some provider and tried to
> deliver their mail to our mail server. But they could not get a
> connection. I let them try a telnet session on port 25 which also
> failed with "no connection". Since other people had no problems I
> guess they had a problem with their provider.

> But...

> 1999-08-08 22:44:27 4 accept() failures: No route to host

It looks to me as though there is a routing problem - probably
asymmetric - between your host and theirs. Can you traceroute to
their systems - where the traceroute stops may well be near where the
problem is. Are you pushing traffic down a route which your upstream
provider does not support. Is someone using RBL over BGP routing and
blocking things out...

Almost certainly not an exim problem - if it was exim you would at
least get a banner back telling you that exim isn't interested.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]