[Exim] aliases problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Romy Arslan
Para: exim-users
Temas novos: [Exim] Null Client Configuration..
Asunto: [Exim] aliases problem
Hi all,

We are running exim 2.11 on a Solaris 2.6 unix box, and we've been
encountering problems with the aliases files for some time now.

First, we noticed that we are getting a lot of error messages logged in
exim's paniclog file, like:

1999-02-19 16:32:25 10Dqyf-0002BB-00 system_aliases director: failed to
open /usr/local/etc/aliases as a ndbm file: No such file or directory

1999-03-15 10:03:57 10MSLt-0000ZN-00 flnm_aliases director: failed to open
/usr/local/etc/aliases.flnm as a ndbm file: No such file or directory

We found that weird since aliases, aliases.flnm and their
corresponding .dir and .pag files are present in /usr/local/etc.

Second , some of the mail messages sent to an aliase in aliases.flnm file
are being unrecognized.
what I mean is that assuming the entry joe.black:joe is in the file
aliases.flnm and joe is a valid user, the message sent to
joe.black@??? is being rejected with the error: joe.black unknown
local part... but if we issue the command /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -bt
joe.black, it says that this address is deliverable to joe@???.

We tried to find a correlation between the error in the paniclog and the
message rejection but we couldn't find any relation, they were happening
at different times.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

In exim's configuration file we've set up the following
directors:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /usr/local/etc/aliases
search_type = dbm
user = exim

#
# This one handles the Firstname.Lastname aliases file
#
flnm_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /usr/local/etc/aliases.flnm
search_type = dbm
user = exim

#
# This one handles the aliases file that contains the official aub mailing lists
# for the various departments and faculties.
#
aublists_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /usr/local/etc/aliases.aub-lists
search_type = dbm
user = exim

#
# This one handles the aliases file that contains the forwarded addresses
# for the various departments and faculties.
#
aublists_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /usr/local/etc/aliases.frwd
search_type = dbm
user = exim

# This director handles forwarding using traditional .forward files.
# If you want it also to allow mail filtering when a forward file
# starts with the string "# Exim filter", uncomment the "filter" option.
# The check_ancestor option means that if the forward file generates an
# address that is an ancestor of the current one, the current one gets
# passed on instead. This covers the case where A is aliased to B and B
# has a .forward file pointing to A.

userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
check_ancestor
filter

# This director matches local user mailboxes.

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

end

Romy Arslan
Personal Computing & Networking Services
American University of Beirut