Re: [Exim] batched smtp errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Philippe Frycia
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] batched smtp errors
On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Philippe Frycia wrote:

> This works well, except when an error occurs at smtp syntax level: for
> example an address with a trailing dot <foo@???.> when the
> strip_trailing_dot is false. In that case, the following error is sent
> to the postmaster, whatever the trusted_users setting is.

The way batch SMTP errors are handled was redone for Exim 3.00, after
discussion with someone who uses it a lot. I think you are using a
version of Exim prior to 3.00.

> ---
> While reading a batch of messages using the -bS option, the
> following error was detected:
>
> rcpt to: foo@???.
> 501 domain missing or malformed
>
> The message that contained the error was skipped.
> Its sender was: <...>
> ---

Exim no longer does this. It stops completely on hitting a problem, and
writes output on stderr and stdout that the calling program can perhaps
make some use of. The output identifies the line number in the input
where the problem is, and it says how many messages have been accepted.
The calling program could, for example, then write the rest to a file
and alert a human to take a look. Section 42.8 in the 3.00 manual
describes all this.