Re: [Exim] adding SSL support

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stuart Lynne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] adding SSL support
At 12:06 PM 8/6/1999 , Dave C. wrote:

>Does anyone know which, if any, common POP3 email clients available for
>unix/mac/windows support this?

I'm not certain, but I believe that Outlook (Express) had an option to
specify that an SMTP server required authentication..

Outlook Express has various and sundry authentication and encrption
options. I'm no expert on it but we are attempting to determine it's
capabilities so we can support it with an imap server.

I managed to find a message on on www.microsoft.com that mentioned it
supports both AUTH and STARTTLS. This is supported by seeing the various
options presented in the properties dialog boxes for a server.

I cannot find any mention about AUTH or STARTTLS like capabilities in
Eudora Pro (but it does have support for ACAP and Kerberos.)

Netscape Messenger supports STARTTLS but I cannot see any mention of AUTH.

--
sl@???/sdjl@???