Re: [Exim] Content-Length header?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Paul Slootman
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Content-Length header?
On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Paul Slootman wrote:

> At least, 'find . -type f | xargs grep -il Content-Length' didn't show
> anything...
>
> Could I request such a feature to be added? Then I won't have to see
> those ugly ">from " lines anymore in my email.

It's all very well asking for the feature, but what is its
specification? Content-Length is not mentioned in any of the RFCs. Where
is it specified? What precisely does it mean? It is the body's length or
does it include the headers? (If the latter, does it include itself -
nasty self-referential problem there, so I guess not.) Are line endings
counted as 1 or two characters? Is the blank line between headers and
body counted or not? Who is supposed to add it and when? Is an MTA
supposed to check an existing Content-Length header?

Messing with messages isn't really an MTA thing. Whatever the
specification is, it would be better if this was done by an MUA.