[Exim] Administrivia: Any volunteers to co-moderate the exim…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Administrivia: Any volunteers to co-moderate the exim list
I'd like someone with good web and mail access, and ideally living in a
different timezone to myself, to assist in running the exim mailing
lists.

In general they look after themselves. There are about 5 messages a
day which are caught by the subscriber address filter - ie people
posting with different envelope sender addresses to those addresses
they are subscribed with and their messages are hence held for
approval. [* if you have this problem read the note below]

So that these and other problems can be dealt with quickly, and to
allow me to take a holiday sometimes, I would like it if someone could
co-manage these lists. The management is purely through a web
interface (actually most can be done through a mail interface as well,
but I have never tested that, and authentication is clumsy). If
interested drop a line to me.

** If your messages are being held for moderation:-

- check that your subscription address is the same as your posting
address - specifically the envelope and sender addresses.

 - if you can't just use one address, or you receive through a list
   exploder, then subscribe your posting address to the list, and
   use the web or mail interface to set your subscription to "nomail"
   To do this, go to
    http://www.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/exim-users
   Enter your address in the bottom box, hit "edit options" and
   then set the "Disable Mail Delivery" option.  You will need
   your list password for this, which will have been sent to you
   on subscription and at the start of each month.  You can also
   request the options page to send you your password by mail.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]