Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rachel Warren
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Hi, Newbie, NetBSD question
> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Rachel Warren wrote:
>
> > *** Sorry - operating system netbsd is not supported
> > *** See OS/Makefile-* for supported systems
>
> Hmm. I'm sure I tried it out on a NetBSD system before releasing it.

Did you do it on a Sparc2 though? I've had nothing but trouble
trying to get things (especially mail agents) to compile well
in NetBSD without hacking the code up first. Qmail didn't like me,
Smail I had to majorly hack and now I have to hack the install sh
script for it, and I'm now in the process of hacking exim for NetBSD.
*sigh* Next time I'm going to run Linux instead. ;-)

Things I've changed for exim so far:

accept.c
autoreply.c
dbfn.c
structs.h

I'm still in the middle of hacking up accept.c - it doesn't seem to
like supposed undeclared functions like `SPOOL_MODE',
INPUT_DIRECTORY_MODE, HEADER_MAXHEADERS, max, etc.

I hope i don't have to hack any shell scripts, I'm unfortunately
not too familar coding shells or perl.

> Ah! The problem would appear to be that it has determined your OS type
> to be "netbsd", when what it expects is "NetBSD". Run the command
>
> scripts/os-type
>
> and see what it outputs. If I've guessed right, edit that script and do
> the same thing as was done for "openbsd" - find the line starting
> "openbsd" and add a similar thing. If it works, let me know so I can
> upgrade the distribution for the benefit of the next newbie...

Thanks, but a friend of mine figure that out and set the $OSTYPE variable.
Will try that in the future though.

Rachel