Re: [Exim] Re-write Question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Al Fisher, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re-write Question
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> This shows an unfortunately mindset probably caused by too much
> exposure to sendmail. Rewriting is for changing the *appearence* of
> addresses. Directors are for changing delivery to (local) addresses.

I should probably say that more loudly somewhere. Using rewriting as a
tool for determining where a message is going is not the way Exim is
intended to be used. If you rewrite two envelope addresses to the same
thing, Exim will always do just a single delivery. To preserve both
original addresses, you need to do something with a director.