Re: [Exim] Re-write Question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Al Fisher
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re-write Question
aluicious@??? said:
> I have a REAL address of the form:
> user@???
> and I want to accept mail to:
> any_address@???
> .. so I have the following re-write rule:
> ^.*@(.*).mydomain.com $1@??? SE

This shows an unfortunately mindset probably caused by too much
exposure to sendmail. Rewriting is for changing the *appearence* of
addresses. Directors are for changing delivery to (local) addresses.

You can do this with a smartuser director, but I don't have the example
to do it to hand. If you set a transport directly off the smartuser
then the deliveries do not get deduped (but in either case all
recipients for that actual message are detailed in the envelope-to
header.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]