Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof (off…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof (offtopic)
[ On Tuesday, August 3, 1999 at 12:08:43 (+0100), Neil Long wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof (offtopic)
>
> There is one other point worth mentioning
>
> IMRSS.org will blacklist your smarthosts if they find any other hosts
> which pass their relay test messages via them. I.e. even if there is no
> evidence of use of such hosts for spam. As a consequence of that we are
> dropping further use of imrss and sticking with MAPS.

Worth mentioning? Perhaps. However this is made quite clear on the
IMRSS.org web pages already. IMRSS is actively scanning for open
relays. So far as I know none of their listings are or ever have been
derived from any "evidence" collected from spam that's actually been
delivered anywhere.

IMRSS can be thought of more as a preventative measure if you decide to
use it to block SMTP connections. Most open relays will eventually be
exploited by spammers so long as they remain open. Using IMRSS ensures
that you'll never get spam even from those it has already found but that
have not yet been exploited! ;-)

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>