[Exim] Exim_help script

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Hugh Sasse
To: EXIM users list
Betreff: [Exim] Exim_help script
Given the queries about options to Exim, I asked Philip about adding
a -help option, but he said it would be better if someone wrote an
'exim_help" program. I have attempted to make something useful in
that line, and Philip has kindly put it on

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/Contrib/scripts/Exim_help.tar.gz

It is in Perl5 (which won't please everyone :-)) and it searches the
Specification, the Filter Specification and the text version of the FAQ
if you have downloaded it. Where it finds the keyword(s) you want it
will print the whole paragraph, and can produce HTML with the keywords
highlighted. You can make it search only one of these documents if you
prefer, and you can make it return results as "best" match first, or in
book order. You can pass regular expressions to it as well as keywords,
or you can use fixed expressions (like fgrep) to search for '*" in the
spec for example.

It has some known bugs, (particularly that it does nothing intelligent
with hyphenated words), and I have tried to document all these, but there
will probably be more. It is version 0.4 but I am regarding this as an
alpha release.

Anyway, I hope people find it useful. Constructive comments and
suggestions are welcome.

    Hugh
    hgs@???