RE: [Exim] Simple feature request?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sweeney, Vince
To: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Simple feature request?
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, V Sweeney wrote:

>> I have the common problem of my mail-que's filling up with frozen

messages
>> that cannot be delivered/returned because of simple user typo's in the
>> mail addresses.

>If the return addresses (From, reply-to, etc.) have typos I would suspect
>spam - users rarely type these in by hand, and typos in MUA configs get
>fixed.

No, this is a seperate problem from spam messages left in the que. If it
were a spam message I'd just delete it, but a customer expects their mail to
be delivered (even if its a confirmation of failure). Yes, this only happens
with a very small %'age of mail but if your a dealing with thousands of mail
an hour is soon builds up.

The most common situations arise from customers mis-typing their reply-to
address. We accept the mail to relay but for whatever reason it fails to be
delivered and ends up frozen on the relay box with exim unable to send the
mail anywhere.

V.Sweeney.