Re: [Exim] Exim and Imp from the horde project

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim and Imp from the horde project
P.A.Osborne writes:
> Good morning!
>
> A few thoughts and a question for anyone thinking about web mail.
>
> At UKC we are currently evaluating a web mail based system (similar
> interface to hotmail - don't say a word).
>
> We currently use exim 2.12 to ship mail in and out of UKC and things are
> real good - cheers Phil.
>
> The web based mail engine is IMP from the horde project (www.horde.org),
> which for those of you who don't know uses the PHP scripting language
> hooked into apache.

I would suggest that you use WING
(http://users.ox.ac.uk/~mbeattie/wing.html) but then I'm biased so
forget I said that.

> The problem (?) that we have noticed is that exim logs the sender of
> the message as the user that the webserver runs as (nobody), which
> admittedly is correct :-) However we would prefer it to show the
> user that sent the mail via the web server rather than the webserver.

Add
    trusted_users = nobody
to your exim.conf and use "exim -f fromaddress@wherever ..." to send
the mail. Actually, I'd recommend running the daemon under a separate
uid and trusting that instead, just to keep things administratively
separated nicely.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>