Re: [Exim] MX host to bypass RBL...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Jasper van Beusekom
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] MX host to bypass RBL...
[ On Thursday, July 29, 1999 at 14:48:20 (-0300), Jasper van Beusekom wrote: ]
> Subject: [Exim] MX host to bypass RBL...
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep spam out without having to take
> this MX-record out of the DNS-table? I doubt I can find our backbone
> provider willing to install RBL on their system, that is not only
> used by us.

Why do you think you need a backup MX host that's not within your own
administrative domain?

It's unlikely a backup MX outside of your own administrative domain will
ever be of any real benefit unless they have an alternate way of
delivering messages to you *while* your connection to the rest of the
world is down.

In all other cases the sending MTA will keep messages in their own
queues for some number of days or weeks. If your connection is going to
be down that long you should have ample time to have your ISP add in an
MX for the duration of the outage.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>