Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How do I pass undeliverable mail through a script?
Quoth Joe Emenaker on Wed, Jul 28, 1999:
>   smartuser:
>      driver=smartuser;
>      new_user="|/usr/bin/someprogramiwrote"

> Does the "new_user" not support pipes in Exim?

It doesn't.

> If not, how can I do what I'm after?

Transport:

someprogramiwrote_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output
command = "|/usr/local/bin/someprogramiwrote"
# Why do you put it in /usr/bin anyway?

Director:

really_smart_user:
driver = smartuser
transport = address_pipe

> In the faq and the mailing list archives, I've seen some suggestions
> that sound like they might do what I'm asking for, but they entail setting
> up router entries (which I don't see the reason for because the messages are
> staying on this machine... semanically, I should only need to involve a
> director) and, generally, they look like they solve more complicated
> problems than what I'm trying to do.

It depends whether the address you're processing is local or
remote (whether the domain part is in local_domains).

Vadik.

--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...