Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: Andromeda
Cc: Exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Question about ORBS and the validity thereof
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 05:49:11PM +0200,
Andromeda <andromeda@???> is thought to have said:

> Hello all,
>
> after looking at my rejectlog after implementing my 3.02 upgrade, I noticed
> a LOT of my new anti-spam measures kicking in on ORBS.
>
> While I don't condone spam, I noticed that a lot of the servers being
> rejected are open to the newest spam-relay hack (the one which was
> discussed a few weeks back), and obviously got listed.
>
> Is it harsh, or should I simply remove relays.orbs.org from my rbl_hosts
> list? While I want to keep as much spam as possible from reaching any of my
> recipients, their correspondence is now being influenced negatively by ORBS.
>
> Any suggestions, or recommendations?
>
> With Regards
>
> Andromeda

I don't want to start the flame war that seems to populate spam-l every
few weeks, but I'd suggest using the radparker list at
http://relays.radparker.com which only lists open relays which are being
spammed through. Your chances of false positives would go down.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality