Re: [Exim] Vacationing w/ same username

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Richard G. Duvall
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Vacationing w/ same username
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Richard G. Duvall wrote:

> I have a system in which I don't allow telnet access to. I have set up a
> directory called /etc/mail/vacation, which contains all the vacation files
> for my users who request them

> My problem is, either exim or the vacation program is checking the UID of
> the .vacation.once and .vacation.log and .vacation.msg files, and when it
> finds that the UID doesn't match the ${local_part}, it fails.

Your configuration appears to be running the delivery as the local user.
That means that each set of .vacation files must be accessible by that
UID appropriately. It needs to write the .once and .log files, and read
the message file. So you either have to set the ownership of all the
files correctly, or make them all world readable/writeable (which might
not be so silly, since your users cannot access the system otherwise) or
perhaps stick them all in the same group and put group=thatgroup on the
transport and give the group access.