[Exim] [grin: ipv6 strikes again - exim rbl]

Author: Peter Gervai
To: exim
Subject: [Exim] [grin: ipv6 strikes again - exim rbl]
Phil's on vacation (wishing him a good one!), but maybe someone have an idea
about this one. I think this should be fixed in the code, but, who knows.

----- Forwarded message from Peter Gervai <grin> -----

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:27:50 +0200
From: Peter Gervai <grin>
To: ph10@???
Subject: ipv6 strikes again - exim

Hello,

Short note on ipv6 (didn't find in the list archives):

1999-07-23 07:42:51 117Y6Z-0001vY-00 <= bank92@??? H=knidos.bnet.net.tr [::ffff:194.54.63.28] P=esmtp S=2954 id=B0001518011@???
1999-07-23 07:42:54 117Y6Z-0001vY-00 => grin@??? <grin@???> R=lookuphost T=smtp H=mail.tolna.net [195.70.46.3]
1999-07-23 07:42:54 117Y6Z-0001vY-00 Completed

root@Yikes:~# nslookup 28.63.54.194.relays.orbs.org
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    2.0.0.127.relays.orbs.org
Address:  127.0.0.2
Aliases:  28.63.54.194.relays.orbs.org

Which means that the IPv4 address _is_ on RBL, but Exim got it in
IPv4-in-IPv6 notation, probably looked up a wrong reverse and let the spam
flow in.

You should simply look up IPv4 reverse for such addresses. I thought you
did, but seems the other way.

regards,
grin

----- End forwarded message -----