Re: [Exim] Double Delivery

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Aan: laurent.luyckx
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Double Delivery
*** ***
*** These are ideas, and may need correcting by others on the list ***
***                                                                ***

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Laurent Luyckx wrote:
> I would like to use Exim to make double delivery on 2 distinct machines.
> The first machine will carry the normal mail and the second machine will
> carry the same mail but will be used for backup.
>
> If you have some ideas to configure exim for that...

Do a local delivery using "unseen" then pass the mail
on to the other machine *unless* it just came from that machine
(or pass the mail to the other machine "unseen" then deliver locally).

Check that both machines are in the MX records for your domain so that
the outside world talks to both machines. Otherwise when your MX host
is down, the backup machine will not get anything to backup.

> How can I tell to exim to deliver one mail to multiple remote host
> (machines)

Have an unseen delivery for each remote host.

*** You may want a dummy director so that at least one director sees the
*** mail, otherwise all mail will fail.
*** However that will stop the mail from ever failing.
*** Ideas on fixing this ?

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna