Re: [Exim] using wrappers

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jim Knoble
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] using wrappers
Looks like you're using the extended syntax for tcp_wrappers. In that
case, you should put all your entries into hosts.allow. For example:

    sshd: ALL: ALLOW
    exim: ALL: DENY

Note also that i've seen some versions of tcp_wrappers be somewhat
finicky about whitespace before the colons; you might try leaving it
out (as shown in the example above).

--jim

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% jim knoble %%%%%%%% jmknoble@??? %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

På 1999-Jul-20 klokka 23:12:38 -0700 skrivet Jim Pazarena:

: I compiled 3.02 _with_ wrappers (Local/Makefile):
: USE_TCP_WRAPPERS=yes
: CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
: LFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
: EXTRALIBS=-lwrap
:
: The compile completes without any errors, as does the install.
:
: But exim simply ignores my wrappers entries.
:
: I've tried in hosts.deny (for testing):
: exim : ALL : deny
:
: and a remote "telnet <mail system> mail" still gets the exim prompt.
:
: ALL : ALL : deny
:
: Still gets the exim prompt, however a "telnet <mail system>" gets denied
: as expected.
:
: Any suggestions? Any other way to trouble shoot this?