Re: [Exim] Exim Crashes out with Signal 10

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
To: Yi Liu
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim Crashes out with Signal 10

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:30:20 MST, Yi Liu wrote:

> /kernel: pid XXXX (exim), uid X: exited on signal 10

Eeew, SIGBUS.

I'd look at the messages in Exim's queue and confirm that none of them
is outrageously large. You might get lucky and find the most files which
Exim touched most recently with ``ls -tu |head''.

However, it wouldn't hurt if you knew what available disk and swap
looked like at the time the error occurred. I'm no expert, but this is
what I'd be looking at.

Good luck!
Sheldon.

>       Probably about 40-50 of them so far.  Any clues as to why this
> might be happening?  It appears to be happening even when the load is
> very low (< .5).  I'm running FreeBSD 3.2-Stable.

PS: If you're running Exim out of inetd, you'll have problems on
    3.2-STABLE. There are a few nasties in inetd which have been fixed
    in 4.0-CURRENT but for which merges are still pending.