Re: [Exim] Testing (alpha) release available

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Testing (alpha) release available
If I get a chanve I'll try it out. The project that lead to the
net-lsearch change and the finding of the reversed octets (a
pop-before-smtp setup) has sort of been put on the back burner due to
more pressing projects coming up.

Something which has been a continuing deal has been the need to do
syslog-style logging. We currently have a local patch to do this, but
it seems to be acting up. Specifically, occasionally syslog will write
an empty notification to everyone logged in. We think it has to do with
overrunning the buffer syslog uses for messages, mainly when the reject
log spits out a big entry, which we currently put in just one syslog
message, becuase it doesnt really have a facility for multi-line
entries. We're trying a change that will just truncate such long
entries, but it would be nice if there was an 'official/approved' way
to do syslogging with Exim.

(By the way, djc@??? and davec@??? are both me.
One is company and one is personal. Sometimes I forget which one I am
sending from becuase they both come inbound to the same box)