[Exim] 3.02 problems...

Author: nbecker
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 3.02 problems...
I'm seeing a problem after upgrading from 2.xx -> 3.02 on linux.

Mail is supposed to be forwarded to me from SunOS hnssysa 5.5.1
Generic_103640-21 sun4u sparc sendmail. Today I see a problem, on the
sparc the log says:

Jul 19 10:57:30 hnssysa sendmail[18152]: KAA18148: to=neal@nbeckerpc,
ctladdr=<sloudermilk@???> (3907/1001), delay=00:00:02,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, relay=nbeckerpc.hns.com.,
stat=Deferred: Connection reset by nbeckerpc.hns.com.

nbeckerpc.hns.com is my linux box running exim-3.02. But on
nbeckerpc, there is no log entry at all for this connection.

Any ideas on debugging?

Stranger yet: A few minutes later mail started to be delivered OK.

Jul 19 11:00:33 hnssysa sendmail[18632]: JAA06892: to=neal@nbeckerpc,
ctladdr=<rsims@???> (2641/1000), delay=01:16:35, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=esmtp, relay=nbeckerpc.hns.com. [139.85.24.35], stat=Sent (OK
id=116Eu9-0006KM-00)

I'm not familiar with sendmail. Did that first message mean that at
10:57 hnssysa tried to deliver mail, or that at 10:57 it didn't try
because at some previous time the connection had been refused? That
second option would make sense, because when I upgraded to 3.02 I also
changed the exim user and group, and forgot to change the ownership of
the logfiles.