Re: [Exim] retry rules

Top Pagina
Auteur: Vladimir Litovka
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] retry rules
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

>> When an oldest message in the queue got 12h old, Exim writes 'retry
>> timeout exceed' and removes *all* messages in the queue to this host -
>> even recent messages... How I can avoid this behaviour? I need only
>> messages, exceed retry time, removed from queue, not all. Is it possible?
>
> Check out delay_after_cutoff in the smtp transport. It doesn't do all
> you want, but it will help.

Yes, I have tried it of course... It helps a bit, but doesn't solve the
problem...

> However, Exim's basic philosophy is that if a host has been down for a
> very long time, there is no point keeping messages hanging around.

What is very long time? In my case, for example - it is mail for cellular
operator's clients, and this mail becoming unnecessary for recipients
very quickly - in few hours, not more. So in some cases mail growing old
itself, and this process doesn't depend on server's down time.

--
doka