Re: [Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: hedgehog
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.
hedgehog@??? said:
> They would receive an autoreply containing a copy of the course
> leaflet, in an as yet undecided format (Word, PDF, HTML). Exim would
> also send a message to our guidance centre stating that
> client@??? has just requested a leaflet on sm435.

autoreplies don't really do MIME encoding - I guess you could hack it
by putting the appropriate headers on the autoreply transport and
having the file contain the MIME encoded parts.

I'd also suggest that the original message is sent on to your guidance
centre - people *will* ask questions in these messages even if told not
to.

Handling this as a directory (ie file systems) to select valid
local_parts if very easy. Its probably better to have some form of
mail reponder program to do this stuff rather than relying on exim -
then the external program can MIME encode, ensure there are no mail
loops, keep extra logs etc.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]