Re: [Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.
Quoth Adrian Harris on Sat, Jul 17, 1999:
> The initial idea is that a user could email an address which matches one
> of our course codes, eg sm435@???.
>
> They would receive an autoreply containing a copy of the course leaflet,
> in an as yet undecided format (Word, PDF, HTML). Exim would also send a
> message to our guidance centre stating that client@??? has just
> requested a leaflet on sm435.
>
> Is this feasible, and sensible, to configure using exim ?

Yes. I can already see the outline. If you have questions, send
them to the list, and I'll try to answer you.

> Two items of additional functionality also mentioned:
>
> 1)      If a new course leaflet was added, this should appear seamlessly
>         as a new address; ie no change to the exim config.

A list of local parts will do it.

> 2)      If the leaflet doesn't exist, a bounce should be sent to the
>         user, and an error passed to the guidance centre so that they can
>         try and forward the correct leaflet.

Easy.

> To separate this from our normal email system, I'm considering building
> another exim box and using an address of "@leaflets.ourdomain.com".

No need to spare hardware on this stuff (better send it to me
with postage pre-paid). An Exim box can easily handle many
domains with many different requirements. There is an example of
a working configuration that currently handles three different
types of domains:
ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/exim/configs/hairy.tar.gz

Vadik.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.