[Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adrian Harris
To: exim-users
CC: hedgehog
Betreff: [Exim] Auto responder to deliver attachments.
TPTB would like an automated delivery system for course literature.

The initial idea is that a user could email an address which matches one
of our course codes, eg sm435@???.

They would receive an autoreply containing a copy of the course leaflet,
in an as yet undecided format (Word, PDF, HTML). Exim would also send a
message to our guidance centre stating that client@??? has just
requested a leaflet on sm435.

Is this feasible, and sensible, to configure using exim ?

Two items of additional functionality also mentioned:

1)      If a new course leaflet was added, this should appear seamlessly
        as a new address; ie no change to the exim config.

2)      If the leaflet doesn't exist, a bounce should be sent to the
        user, and an error passed to the guidance centre so that they can
        try and forward the correct leaflet.

To separate this from our normal email system, I'm considering building
another exim box and using an address of "@leaflets.ourdomain.com".

My opinion is that this task would be much better suited to a web form, as
it would also enable our guidance centre to farm full contact details
(phone numbers etc) but as the question has been asked, I need to generate
a response :-|