Re: [Exim] Re: trusted user problem --- Got it!!!!

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Re: trusted user problem --- Got it!!!!
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> Are you asking if, when a message comes in over our SMTP connection,
> if that message has a leading '\n', will the headers be considered
> part of the message? I don't know how to test that.

telnet to your machine's port 25 and type SMTP at it. For example, this
is what you type:

telnet deliberate.com 25
helo deliberate.dom
mail from:<marilyn@???>
rcpt to:<marilyn@???>
data

From:<marilyn@???>
To:<marilyn@???>
Subject:Testing, testing

This is the "real" body
.
quit

Wait for a response before "helo" and after "helo", "mail", "rcpt",
"data" and ".".

See if the message arrives with the headers you typed, or if sendmail
stuck some others on before them.