Re: [Exim] sendmail's and exim's interpretation of -t switch

Top Pagina
Auteur: Graham Barr
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: Andreas J. Koenig, k, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] sendmail's and exim's interpretation of -t switch
> > Well if you combined that with adding a Bcc header to the message which
> > contained the addresses in @$to then I think it could keep everyone happy
>
> Yes, that would be necessary if $to is being used to hold Bcc addresses,
> in addition to those that are in the To: and Cc: lines in the message.
>
> However, the fact that it is called "to", suggests that it actually
> holds the visible addresses. *If* (and it's a wild guess - I haven't
> looked at the code) the addresses are being given both inside the
> message *and* in $to, then simply cutting out one of them is the correct
> thing to do.

Actually Mail::Mailer is trying to hide which mailer is really being used
so the user must specify the to addresses as some mailers (eg bin/mail or
a direct SMTP connection) cannot do this extraction. So the right solution
is probably to remove the -t all together

--
Since you're clearly mad as a mongoose, I'll bid you good-day.
       -- Edmund to Captain Rum : Black Adder II "Potato"