Re: [Exim] sendmail's and exim's interpretation of -t switch

Top Pagina
Auteur: Andreas J. Koenig
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: k, exim-users, Graham Barr
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] sendmail's and exim's interpretation of -t switch

> On 15 Jul 1999 k@??? wrote:
>> Also, FYI, the well established perl module for sending mail, Graham
>> Barr's Mail::Mailer breaks when exim is playing sendmail's role.

> Please could you give more details of this so that I can see if I can
> fix Exim? Is is using some Sendmail option that Exim doesn't understand?

This paragraph was exactly related to the rest of the message. So,
Mail::Mailer::sendmail expects that the '-t' switch behaves as
described in Eric Allman's sendmail book, that is, addresses on the
command line are gathered and not discarded.

A fix for Mail::Mailer::sendmail would probably be this pseudopatch,
but maybe this breaks other sendmail implementations.

**** line 13 of Mail/Mailer/sendmail.pm
-    exec(( $exe, '-t', @$args, @$to ));
+    exec(( $exe, '-t', @$args ));

--