Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian J Bool
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Georg v. Zezschwitz, exim-users, pkelly
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL
Hi all,

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:
> >  - a standard for all databases (no "mysql"-Lookups,
> >    but SQL-lookups). Which database you use should be
> >    a compile option.

This may not be too cool. I think that all these SQL lookups should
indeed have the same syntax, but they should be separable eg,

mysql://blah..
oracle://blah..

We use both Oracle & MySQL here for differenet purposes, and it would be
nice to have access to both in the same exim config. If it were a
compile time option that bound sql://blah.. to one or other databases
this would not be possible... BTW: Paul does have an oracle version as
well if you want..

> In a sense it is already. Both LDAP and MYSQL are controlled by
> LOOKUP_xxx compile-time options.

> >  - There should be a option "sql_connector" (or whatever)
> >    with 4 parameters:
> >       1) the host
> >       2) the database
> >       3) the username
> >       4) the password
> >    Even if some databases work only on the local host -
> >    this would ease documentation for different databases.

> As far as the host goes, I think we need a list of hosts, as for LDAP,
> to allow for replicated databases and fall back. So I am going to do the
> same as for LDAP and provide this as a separate option. I suppose the
> most flexible is to allow for the other 3 parameters to be different for
> each host, and therefore in the same list. So you might end up with
> something like
>
> mysql_servers= host1/user1/pass1/db1 : host2/user2/pass2/db2 : ...

my_mysql_database:
driver = mysql
host = host1/user1/pass1/db1
host = host2/user2/pass2/db2

my_oracle_databse:
driver = oracle
host = host2/user1/pass1/db1
host = host3/user2/pass2/db2

Then you can,
my_mysql_database;blah..
my_oracle_database;blah...

This will allow selection of mutiple types of db in a configuration,
database failover and identical syntax between dbs.

Does that fit in at all with exim internally?

Cheers,

aid

--
Adrian J Bool            | http://www.noc.u-net.net/
Network Manager            | tel://44.1925.484061/