Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL > 2. Specificatio…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL > 2. Specification of host, database, user, and password
On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> BTW if we are adding an SQL lookup method would there be an advantage
> in making this method layer over any one of a number of possible DB
> drivers, so we don't end up with another driver almost the same for
> postgressql, msql, oracle etc...

Each one is relatively small; the LDAP source is only 14K and MYSQL
currently 6K (though it will grow when I add connection caching, but not
by much). Any given binary will be compiled with only the one it needs,
so there's no impact on anybody else. I think adding the apparatus for a
general driver will probably not save much, if anything, because these
things are already below the general "query-lookup" interface.