Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Georg v. Zezschwitz
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL
On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Georg v. Zezschwitz wrote:

>  - flexibility for queries - this would be granted by
>    the lookup-scheme of Exim and by "free style" SQL
>    statements

Yes, I am inclining towards free-style SQL.

>  - a standard for all databases (no "mysql"-Lookups,
>    but SQL-lookups). Which database you use should be
>    a compile option.

In a sense it is already. Both LDAP and MYSQL are controlled by
LOOKUP_xxx compile-time options.

>  - There should be a option "sql_connector" (or whatever)
>    with 4 parameters:
>       1) the host
>       2) the database
>       3) the username
>       4) the password
>    Even if some databases work only on the local host -
>    this would ease documentation for different databases.

As far as the host goes, I think we need a list of hosts, as for LDAP,
to allow for replicated databases and fall back. So I am going to do the
same as for LDAP and provide this as a separate option. I suppose the
most flexible is to allow for the other 3 parameters to be different for
each host, and therefore in the same list. So you might end up with
something like

mysql_servers= host1/user1/pass1/db1 : host2/user2/pass2/db2 : ...

The database can also be specified within the MYQSL query, so it needs
to be optional here.