Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL > 2. Specificatio…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Opinions sought: Exim and MYSQL > 2. Specification of host, database, user, and password
Howabout we aim at making the easy things easy and the hard things
possible.... but not necessarily by exactly the same mechanism....

As it is people can do "interesting" lookups and other operations in
any SQL database by cheating and shooting off in a perl expanded string
construct. So that gives people enough rope to hang themselves and all
their users. Using this you can do SQL based user quotas, logging and
even basic lookups.

Given that the wierd and wonderful has been dealt with in that fashion
the SQL lookup method can then concentrate on relatively straight
forward lookups - say single row single or multiple field select
statements.

BTW if we are adding an SQL lookup method would there be an advantage
in making this method layer over any one of a number of possible DB
drivers, so we don't end up with another driver almost the same for
postgressql, msql, oracle etc...

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]