[Exim]Re: [EXIM] Pending List server changes

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim]Re: [EXIM] Pending List server changes
Quoth Kevin P. Fleming on Thu, Jul 08, 1999:
> You've got to be kidding! Are you saying that the majority of replies to
> list messages are not directed back at the list, but rather at the original
> poster of the message? I find this very difficult to believe.

No. There is a difference between 'personal reply', 'group
reply', and 'list reply'. Personal reply is a reply to the
author, such as when your co-admin asks some question on the
list, and you mail him in private saying 'I fixed this, see
/var/exim/configure'. For example. When you decide to reply
personally to a message, it should _not_ go to the list, but to
the original sender (to the Reply-To: address, and if it doesn't
exist, then to the From: address).

'List reply' is not supported by all mailers (it is supported by
mutt).

I'm discouraging, but not really really hate 'group replies'.

Vadik.

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.