Re: [EXIM] using DRAC with exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Mark Clements
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] using DRAC with exim
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Mark Clements wrote:

> A further modification did the trick. The structure holding the string to
> use as a key also has a size attribute, which I suppose must be use when
> the key is inserted into the file. Ordinarily drac sets this as being the
> length of the string using strlen - of course strlen only measures up to
> the first null byte in a string. Incrementing this size field by one,
> though probably inadvisable, did the trick, and hosts that have logged in
> can now relay as required. Unfortunately this appears to have had the side
> effect of making drac not expire entries on cue anymore. This is another
> story - I think I'll have to ask the writer of drac for help with this one.

It looks as though I should perhaps add a variation of dbm lookup which
excludes the terminating zero, just as there are two versions of NIS
lookup (nis and nis0). Pity the default is to add the zero, so I can't
use dbm0 in the same way. It will have to be something like dbmnz.

Replied: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 09:41:10 +0100
Replied: Olaf Titz <olaf@???>