Re: [EXIM] recipients_reject_except for all local/relay doma…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] recipients_reject_except for all local/relay domains?
On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Well, I was thinking of this occurring at the earlier level, like when the
> recipients would be rejected for RBL reasons, or because of other types of
> spam filtering. If I'm not mistaken, aren't all these things applied prior
> to any directors/routers getting run?

Not if you turn on receiver_verify. Verification of an address consists
of running it throught the directors and routers in "verify" mode.
Recipients are verified as soon as the RCPT TO command is received in
the SMTP dialogue.

In other words, the directors/routers fulfil two different, but related
functions. In their normal use they determine where to send the message
for a given recipient. In their "verify" mode they are used to check
whether senders or recipients are valid addresses. In simple cases,
these involve exactly the same work, but you can make them different by
means of various flags (verify, verify_only, fail_verify).

> Basically I want to allow mail in to
> postmaster@... even if the originating host is RBL'ed or a known spammer,
> but I'd like to not have to list all the domains I accept mail for in the
> recipients_reject_except option.

What's wrong with

recipients_reject_except = postmaster@*

then?