[EXIM] Sender verification

Author: Wouter Meuleman
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Sender verification
Hello,

I'm setting up a mailserver with exim.
Before this, MS Exchange was used as a MTA.
The users are used to the fact that some can send outside (internet) mail and others can only send local mail (to collegues).

after reading the past posts of this mailinglist I haven't found exactly what I needed. Every time someone asks for some sort of user verification, the answer is "verifiy by IP-address". I *really* do want to check by username though, because users should have their own rights on every workplace they send mail on. This would mean that the user "Joe" could send outside mail from workplace "X", while the user "Harry" can only send local mail from workplace "X".

Would it be able to somehow filter every mailmessage that a users sends, check the UID or GID of that user and deliver it accordingly? So that if a user that isn't allowed to send internet-mail will get an error-msg stating this when he/she tries to.

Is this in any way possible and if yes, how?

For every hint that is even a bit helpfull: thanks a lot.

-Wouter.