Re: [EXIM] strange alias file problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] strange alias file problem
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Given input of
>
> shaun:shaun
> shaun:anotherone
>
> there are 3 things a DBM builder could do:
>
> (1) Ignore the first line;
> (2) Ignore the second line;
> (3) Give an error message and refuse to process the file.
>
> dbmbuild does (1);

> One of the reasons for not doing (3) is that it would slow down the
> building process and that might be significant for very large files.

What might be handy would be a separate script or program that look
detects these.

I think two lines of perl ought to do it. But I agree, that shouldn't be
in dbmbuild which needs to do one job quickly and efficiently. When I
moved from sendmail, I very much noticed an appreciated how much faster
dbmbuild was than sendmail -bi (which in turn was much much faster than
our PP database building process that preceeded it).

It is certainly a good idea to run consistancy checks, but if say, I build
my input to dbmbuild in a way that I know I won't have those sorts of
problems, I don't want to pay for another check.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814

Replied: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:19:47 +0100
Replied: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>