Re: [EXIM] compile 3.02 with tcp_wrappers

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Jim Pazarena
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [EXIM] compile 3.02 with tcp_wrappers
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> I am attempting my _first_ compile ever of exim.
>
> Exim 3.02 for FreeBSD 3.2.
>
> Without tcp_wrappers selected in EDITME the make completes cleanly.
>
> With wrappers selected, the make dies at smtp_in.c because it
> can't find tcpd.h
>
> I have tcpd.h in: /usr/local/include
> and libwrap.a in: /usr/local/lib
>
> What must I do for the process to "find" my wrapper files?

See section 4.5 of the 3.00 edition of the manual. It says

set USE_TCP_WRAPPERS in Local/Makefile, arrange for the file tcpd.h to be
available at compile time, and also ensure that the library libwrap.a is
available at link time, typically by including '-lwrap' in EXTRALIBS. For
example, if tcpwrappers is installed in /usr/local, you might have

USE_TCP_WRAPPERS=yes
CFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/include
EXTRALIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lwrap

in Local/Makefile.