[EXIM] A non(?)-standard relay-control configuration.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Lukasz Grochal
To: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] A non(?)-standard relay-control configuration.
Hello,

I've tried quite hard, but I can't make things work the way I want
them to... Perhaps someone had a similiar problem before? Anyway,
here is what I want to do:

1) There is a subnet (say - 192.168.0.0/24), that I want to relay all
mail for. As those are generally trusted clients (company's employees
on an intranet network), I'd like to accept any envelope sender and
'From: ' field, no matter what they contain (erm, virtually, standard
validity checks apply ;).
2) Because of a very weird situation in the dial-up market here in
Poland, I also have to relay mail from other hosts (dialup modems,
say *.blah.blurp.pl, various subnets, practically no aggregate info
on their IP addresses available, only the reverse DNS lookups
can be used to find who they are, hence the *.blah.blurp.pl pattern)
and I want those (and only those, except of the subnet mentioned
above) clients to be able to use my server as relay if and only if
they have valid_user@??? in envelope / 'From:' fields.
3) As I already mentioned above, no other hosts should have any rights
to use my server as a relay, even if they introduce a valid
user@??? in 'MAIL FROM:' command.
4) To make things even more complicated (?, it shouldn't actually make
much difference, but I want to make things as clear as possible),
the mail server is a primary MX for a set of domains (*.rmf.pl,
*.rmf.fm, etc. etc.)

Now... what I know:
a) There would be no problem if I denied users from 192.168.0.0/24
use the server as a relay if sender address is not a local one.
But I really want to avoid this.
b) The thing can (probably) be done by setting up two separate daemons
with two different configurations and redirecting connections to
them based on sender IP address. But that doesn't look 'elegant' ;)

So... here is my humble question: has anyone here any idea, how I can
do, what I am supposed to? ;) I would be grateful for any hints :)

Greets,

Ah, one more thing to mention - I use Exim 2.x, but - should that be
necessary - there will be no problem with switching to Exim 3.x ;)

--
(-) Lukasz Grochal                            lgrochal@???
                                            (for PGP signature visit:)